If you’re not yet aware of Tesla’s “master plan,” as CEO Elon Musk himself wrote, you probably haven’t been following the automaker for years.
Part One and Two have been important pieces of literature at Tesla that, in many ways, laid the path to the company’s success. On August 2, 2006, Elon Musk published a blog post on Tesla’s official Website, titled “The Secret Tesla Motors Master Plan (just between you and me).”
Tesla Master Plan Part 1
There’s a lot to take in this Plan, and we’re not going to summarize it here, but it ends in a summary with the core principle being laid out in four steps:
- Build sports car
- Use that money to build an affordable car
- Use that money to build an even more affordable car
- While doing above, also provide zero emission electric power generation options
It didn’t go smoothly, but Tesla managed it for the most part with the Roadster, the Model S, and then the Model 3.
Tesla Master Plan Part 2
Fast forward almost 10 years later, and Elon Musk published the second part of the master plan. It appeared on the Tesla blog in July 2016, entitled “Master Plan, Part Deux.“
Elon Musk summarized the Master Plan Part 2 at the end:
- Create stunning solar roofs with seamlessly integrated battery storage.
- Expand the electric vehicle product line to address all major segments.
- Develop a self-driving capability that is 10X safer than manual via massive fleet learning.
- Enable your car to make money for you when you aren’t using it.
In this plan, Musk also announced some of Tesla’s Upcoming Vehicles: Pickup Truck, Cybertruck, Model Y, and Tesla-Semi.
Every vehicle announced in the plan was unveiled, although they are now required to be put into production, except Tesla-Semi.
It was rumored to be through a partnership with The Boring Company, but we never saw anything official from Tesla.
Tesla Master Plan Part 3
On 17 March 2022, Elon Musk tweeted “Working On Master Plan Part 3”.
Working on Master Plan Part 3— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) March 17, 2022
We don’t know what will be included in Musk’s Master Plan Part 3, but there have been several hints over the years. The most recent of which is the Tesla bot. However, apparently, there could be many more aspects to this.
It’s exciting to get Part 3 now, because Musk has been very good at staying mostly true to those plans, despite all of his faults.
Let’s start with the guesses in the comments section. First, what do you think will be the root of Musk’s upcoming Master Plan Part 3? Second, when should we expect them to publish it?
Thanks for reading till the end.
- America Is Entering A Horrific Financial Crisis!” Elon Musk Explains Why AND HOW
- Elon Musk Just Declared A Full-Blown War With Russia
- USA & Elon Musk Finally Reveal New Hypersonic Jet To Beat Russia & Putin
- Elon Musk Reveals His Thoughts About Metaverse
Information Source: insideevs, electrek
6 thoughts on “Tesla’s Elon Musk Tweets That He’s Working On “Master Plan Part 3””
Elon. I believe we will have a stranded American astronaut, could you help!
what about a two seater ute ?
That’d be useful.
what about a two seater ute
I’m pretty sure robots are coming somewhere in Musk’s plan… I reckon wither master plan 3 or 4….
One step at a time makes a Journey.