Amazing Facts About Elon Musk You Probably Didn’t Know: Despite how popular Musk has become in pop culture, there are still many people who don’t know about him but that’s about to change. In this article, we’ll share with you some surprising facts about the SpaceX CEO that you probably didn’t know about, so let’s dive into the action.
Elon Musk appeared in Many TV Shows.
1. Tony Stark of the MCU was inspired by Elon Musk. It is no coincidence that Elon Musk is often called the Tony Stark of real life. They have similarities because the MCU portrayal of Tony Stark was actually modeled after none other than Elon Musk.
2. In fact in the first Iron Man movie, Tony Stark has a gray Tesla Roadster in his garage but it gets even more interesting.
3. Did you know that parts of Iron Man 2 were shot at SpaceX Headquarters in California? And then Elon Musk made a very brief cameo in a scene in the film where he says something to Tony Stark about an electric jet.
4. As for the role, Robert Downey Jr., who played Iron Man in the film, said that Elon Musk’s personality helped him get into character for his role as Iron Man. But this isn’t the only time the billionaire Musk has taken on a minor acting role.
5. In an episode of The Simpsons, Elon Musk appeared as himself in an episode titled Musk That Fell to Earth. In the episode, the producers make fun of the billionaire’s ideas and inventions.
6. Later in 2015, Musk appeared on The Big Bang Theory, where he appeared as himself in Soup Kitchen alongside Wolowitz.
7. In Young Sheldon, Elon Musk reappeared as himself in November 2017 in the spin-off of The Big Bang Theory.
Musk used to run a nightclub so that he could pay his rent.
8. While still studying at the University of Pennsylvania, Musk and his roommate Adeo Ressi decided to rent a large house and convert it into a nightclub because there was not even a small house.
9. According to Vogue, the house could hold over a thousand people. When the party is going crazy but Elon is nowhere to be found. And as soon as Ressi knocked on his door, Elon would be there playing a video game, so quiet that his parents thought he was deaf.
10. Elon Musk was bullied a lot as a child and apparently, he was hospitalized after a fight with his bullies. He was so calm and introspective than his peers could yell at him and jump right next to him and he didn’t even notice. This tendency to zone out his parents actually ordered tests to see if he was deaf.
11. It turns out that Elon was not deaf, he was only daydreaming and imagining problems and how to solve them. His mother Maya Musk describes it in such a way that it goes into his mind and then you see that he is in another world and he still does it. Now I just leave him because I know he’s designing a new rocket or something.
12. There were other signs of his talent as well. At the age of nine, Elon read The Encyclopedia of Britannica, which usually takes an adult several years to complete.
He plans to give away most of his wealth.
13. Elon Musk is currently one of the most innovative leaders in the world. And for many years he has been a frequent name in Forbes’ list of the world’s richest people.
14. He is also ready to donate most of his wealth to charity as he has signed the pledge to give which is a promise to give half of his wealth to philanthropic causes. Most of Elon’s wealth is tied up in his stake in his companies, which is why he has promised to sell $100 million of Tesla stock every few years to charity. And once Tesla becomes more stable he will take it further.
15. One of the things he has donated is Ad Astra which is a new and innovative way of education for children.
He has been married three times and has seven children.
16. Behind the cameras and billions of dollars, Elon Musk’s personal life was quite stormy. For a long time, Elon Musk refused to share details about his personal life. Even in 2010, he said that he would prefer to have a fork in his hand than to write about his personal life.
17. However, in 2017, the billionaire spoke a little about his personal life in an interview with Neil Strauss for Rolling Stone. Elon Musk first married Justin Wilson, a Canadian writer whom she met while studying at Queen’s University, in 2000.
18. The couple eventually split in 2008 after having six children. Unfortunately, their first son, Alexander Musk, died at the age of 10 weeks from sudden infant death syndrome.
19. After the divorce, Elon Musk began dating Tallulah Riley, an English actress who appeared in films such as Pride and prejudice and Inception. They married two years later in 2010 and divorced after two years.
20. Oddly enough they got married again in 2013. Musk and Riley finally divorced in 2016 after six months apart. Musk began dating Amber Heard in 2017 after the second divorce and it was rumored that he had been interested in her since 2012.
21. Much later, Elon and Heard went their separate ways. Elon was accused of dating during the hearing while she was still married to Johnny Depp. Although he has never confirmed or denied this part.
22. In 2018, Musk revealed to the world that he is now dating Grimes a Canadian Musician. Their first child came in May 2020 a boy who was interestingly named X-Ash A12.
Elon Musk’s salary at Tesla is just one dollar.
23. How much did you think Elon Musk would be making millions of dollars a year from Tesla. It looks like he is actually paid a dollar in Tesla. And it’s not his monthly but his annual salary.
24. It doesn’t mean that CEO doesn’t make any money from the electric car companies. He makes the bulk of his money from stocks. He’s the boss in the company, but still, it’s worth noting that there was a point in time.
25. When the CEO struggled to make ends meet at university and had to survive by buying hot dogs and oranges in bulk. Apparently, he had only one dollar a day at the time.
Young Age of Elon Musk
26. He taught himself programming that many billionaires are very intelligent individuals, and Elon Musk is no different at age 12. Elon Musk also taught himself to read and code computer programming languages.
27. He was an introverted child and was busy learning something or the other for every moment he spent inside the house. In fact, at the young age of 12, he sold the code for a video game he made for $500 to a computer magazine.
28. The video game was named Blaster and is inspired by space and science fiction. Even though it wasn’t a huge hit back, it showed just how much young Elon loved space and advanced technology. Interestingly, it’s still available to play online today if you’re interested in seeing what the game looks like.
At one time, He wanted to sell Tesla.
29. Tesla is successful and is worth billions of dollars today but it wasn’t always like this. In 2013 it appeared that the company was destined for failure and even Elon Musk, who is known for being quite optimistic, saw no reason for the company to continue.
30. Thinking that his best option was to sell with a bargain and cash out immediately. Elon Musk approached Larry Page, CEO of Alphabet, to buy Tesla for $11 billion. The deal failed and it is safe to assume that now Elon Musk is very happy.
31. There have also been rumors that he reached out to Twitter CEO Tim Cook, but Tim admitted that he was not ready to meet Elon Musk at the time.
He dropped out of Stanford University.
32. Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Richard Branson, Larry Ellison, and Steve Jobs have two major things in common. First, they are all billionaires, and second, each of them dropped out of college. Just like these people, Elon Musk also dropped out of university.
33. Musk initially earned degrees in physics and economics from Pennsylvania. And then he got his Ph.D. in Applied Physics at Stanford University. But after just two days he left Stanford to start an internet startup.
34. He started Zip2 Corporation with his brother Kimball Musk. The company was responsible for providing licensed online city guides to newspaper publishers.
35. He sold the company to Compaq for $300 million in 1999, four years after founding the startup.
Tesla could have been called Faraday.
36. The electric car company Tesla was not named after anyone but a Serbian American inventor, scientist, and engineer Nikola Tesla. Many consider him one of the greatest scientists in history. Despite Nikola Tesla’s brilliance, he did not receive the praise he deserved in his lifetime. Something that Tesla experienced as a company as well.
37. When Elon Musk first started making electric cars, no one believed the car would go mainstream. In fact, only a few investors were willing to invest their money in the company, but that was not the only problem with the company.
38. Elon Musk had a very difficult time securing the rights to the Tesla name just before the name was approved. He said that if he had not got the rights to Tesla, he would have named the company after British scientist Michael Faraday.
With all these things we have come to the end of this article. Do you think we missed out on any interesting details about Elon Musk, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts with us in the comments section below? Thanks for reading till the end.
- Why Elon Musk’s SpaceX Sent a Tesla Roadster to Space
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX Starship Orbital Stack is almost ready for Flight
- Why does SpaceX’s Spacesuit Looks So Cool?
- 2021 Space Discoveries: Secret Of The Shadows Of The Moon, Encounter With Venus & More)